Promoting Participation in
the Moraga Community
Staying In The Loop
Moraga Citizens Network is a grassroots organization dedicated to encouraging participation in the life of Moraga in these ways: First, we provide or direct members to non-partisan, factual information on current issues. Secondly, we assist the town staff in publicizing public meetings and town-sponsored events when needed. Finally, Moraga Citizens Network announces many recreational, educational, and fund raising events offered in Moraga by the Town's service organizations, library, non-profit organizations, and Saint Mary's College.
What We DoRead more ...
Fall in Moraga
Pear and Wine Festival – Saturday, September 26, 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. at the Commons - Highlights:
• Pear Recipe Contest
• Grape Stomping and wine tasting
• Lots of live music through the day
• Community booths
Walk/Bike Moraga Project
The goal of the Walk | Bike Plan is to make walking and biking in Moraga safer and easier. What do you have to say about:
• the needs and concerns of pedestrians and cyclists?
• the obstacles and challenges to walking and biking? and
• your ideas and suggestions for improving conditions?
Here are upcoming dates with ways this project is gathering input:
• Public Workshop – Tuesday, September 29, 7 – 9:30 p.m. at the Hacienda in the LaSala building
• Group Bike Ride – Saturday, October 3 at the Moraga Library; 10:00 a.m. for discussion; 10:30 bike ride begins
• Town Council Meeting – Wednesday, October 14 @ 7 p.m. - residents will have a chance to address the Town Council directly on issues concerning walking and biking in Moraga.
• In addition – you can give your input via a “community survey” and a “comments map” which can easily be accessed on the Project website: http://www.moraga.ca.us/WalkBikeMoraga
So enjoy these autumn days in Moraga and bring your voice to matters you care about!